Classic chocolate cheesecake bars are taken to a whole new level. Creamy white chocolate cheesecake is sandwiched between a chocolate chip oreo crust and silky smooth chocolate ganache. It’s a triple chocolate deliciousness!
Happy Cheesecake Day!!
Cheesecake day, just like Chocolate day, is one of those days I have it written in my calendar next to family birthdays. I do love chocolate and cheesecake is my #1 dessert choice.
I hope, even if after the 50 cheesecake recipes I shared with you in my last post, you’re still in the mood for some cheesecake.
Rich, decadent, creamy dreamy triple chocolate cheesecake bars!
These chocolate cheesecake bars are one of my family favorites. I’ve made them several times for different occasions and all the time I’ve been asked for seconds. Even took them one time to a church gathering and everyone loved them!
Although I do love cheesecake I prefer making cheesecake bars instead of a big 9 inch round cheesecake. Seems to me it takes less effort and time to make the bars and I can enjoy them even faster! Plus it’s easier to grab one cheesecake bars than a cheesecake slice, right?
The crust is made from a ready to bake Oreo pie crust mixed with butter, ground almonds and chocolate chips and chilled for a few minutes.
While the crust is in the fridge, it’s time to make the filling. Creamy white chocolate cheesecake filling.
Between the chocolate chips oreo crust and the rich chocolate ganache, the white chocolate cheesecake filling (which only has 4 ingredients!!!) not only brings color contrast but also balances the rich dark chocolate flavor perfectly.
Yields one 11X7" baking pan
Classic chocolate cheesecake bars are taken to a whole new level. Creamy white chocolate cheesecake is sandwiched between a chocolate chip oreo crust and silky smooth chocolate ganache. It's a triple chocolate deliciousness!
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
3 hrTotal Time
- 1 Oreo pie crust (170 grams)
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (340 grams) cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (180 grams) white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a mixing bowl combine Oreo pie crust, cocoa powder, almonds, chocolate chips and butter. With a wooden spoon stir to combine.
- Using your fingers, press the mixture evenly into the bottom and the sides of an 11X7" baking pan.
- Place the crust in the refrigerator until needed.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 350F.
- To make the filling, place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. With a spatula stir the white chocolate until melted and creamy. Remove from the heat. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the 3 eggs and stir to combine, beating well after each addition.
- With a spatula, scrape the sides of the bowl.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the melted white chocolate. Beat until smooth.
- Remove the chocolate crust from the fridge and pour the white chocolate cheesecake filling over it.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool completely at room temperature.
- Once the cheesecake is completely cooled, it's time to make the ganache.
- In a small saucepan heat the heavy cream until it reaches boiling point. Remove from the heat and pour it over the dark chocolate. Leave for few seconds, until the chocolate starts to melt and stir to combine and the mixture is silky smooth.
- Pour over the cooled cheesecake and leave to set for few minutes before cutting the cheesecake into bars.
- Gently remove the chocolate cheesecake bars from the pan and enjoy!
If you like these chocolate cheesecake bars you might also like :
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake – a creamy cheesecake baked on top of a rich, chocolate fudge brownie.
Dulce de leche chocolate cheesecake bars – rich creamy caramel-y cheesecake topped with a thin layer of dulce de leche and chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of fleur de sel.
Tiramisu brownies – Rich fudge chocolate brownie swirled with light creamy mascarpone filling.
Sending love your way,
Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen says
Aimee @ ShugarySweets says
Jennie @themessybakerblog says
Laura (Tutti Dolci) says
Kitchen Belleicious says
Emily @ Life on Food says
Heather @ French Press says
Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking says
Marta @ What Should I eat for breakfast today says
The Café Sucré Farine says
claire @ the realistic nutritionist says
JustOne MoreBite Blog says