Carrot cake cookies – just like a cake but in a soft, sweet cookie with a touch of spices and packed with grated carrots sandwiched with cream cheese frosting
Carrot cake cookies with cream cheese frosting. There’s something about carrot cake and Easter. For the last couple of weeks I see a carrot cake recipes almost everywhere I turn, not to mention all the sweet chocolate or fondant carrots just waiting to be placed in an Easter basket for little hands to grab.
This year we’re having friends coming over for Easter. In fact, not just for Easter but for 8 days. I’m so excited! Just as excited as finding the limited edition of white chocolate carrot cake M&M’s! Have you seen them in your area? Don’t feel bad! They are not in my area either. I’m already thinking of writing a complain letter to M&M’s.
To get my hands on some of these M&M’s I had to ask one of my mommy friends to drive almost 2 hours to get me a couple of bags. Crazy right? Not really! I had bought them myself a couple of weeks ago but by the time I got around baking with them we had eaten the entire bag.
I love when my friends come to the rescue. That’s why I make them cookies.
Carrot cake cookies with Easter M&M’s and cream cheese frosting. If you live near a Wal-mart that carries these M&M’s you really should grab a bag or two and make some cookies!
These cookies are packed with finely shredded carrot to keep them moist, with a touch of spice from cinnamon and nutmeg. The brown sugar gives them a little chewiness, and the M&M’s gives them a new meaning of carrot cake cookies.
If you do not have M&M’s, you can still make these cookies, no need to be upset right now. You can add some nuts or raisins or if you like your carrot cake with pineapple I’m pretty sure you could do that too, just keep an eye on the amount of the liquid in pineapple, you’ll probably have to add just a little more flour.
Carrot cake cookies - just like a cake but in a soft, sweet cookie with a touch of spices and packed with grated carrots
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated carrots (130 grams) - (use freshly grated carrots)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup (150 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 cup carrot cake M&M's
- 8 oz room temperature cream cheese mixed with 1/4 cup honey
- Heat the oven to 375F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the carrot, spices, salt and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour and in the end fold in the carrot cake M&M's.
- With a medium scoop, drop cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets and bake them for 9-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly on baking sheets before moving to wire racks.
- When cold, sandwich them with the cream cheese frosting.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious
Sending love your way,
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Averie @ Averie Cooks says
Laura (Tutti Dolci) says
Carol | a cup of mascarpone says
jen laceda says
Lisa @ The Cooking Bride says