Tender chicken baked with a rainbow of vegetables – potatoes, carrots and Brussels sprouts in one single pan! Only 10 minutes of prep time to make this roasted chicken and vegetables dinner!
Few weeks ago I told you how much I love one pot meals! They have come to the rescue so many times.
Today we’re going to talk about one pan meals – another love of mine! You only need about 10 minutes of prep time and relax while dinner is cooking in the oven. No need to stress over a sink-full of dishes. This recipe only calls for one pan!
If you later decide to eat straight from the pan so you don’t dirty any plates, go ahead! I won’t judge! I don’t like doing dishes either. Although, saying I’m doing the dishes is not really correct since all I do is loading and unloading the dishwasher, but even so, it’s my least favorite kitchen chore. I’d rather bake some cookies!
My family loves roasted potatoes. My favorite vegetables to roast are Brussels sprouts. I can not get enough of them!
There have been a lot of times when I roasted potatoes in one pan and Brussels sprouts in another (the beauty of having two ovens) but over time it got me thinking, why not use one pan for everything?
And not just potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Let’s make it a full meal and add some chicken and season everything with fresh herbs, olive oil, soy sauce and maple syrup. You can throw in colorful carrots like I did. Eat the rainbow!
Craving more? Sign up for a trEATs affair email newsletter and get all the recipes sent right to your inbox!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss an update!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin’
Tender chicken baked with a rainbow of vegetables - potatoes, carrots and Brussels sprouts! All in one single pan! 10 minutes of prep time!
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved
- 3-4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 5-8 garlic cloves
- 3 chicken breasts cut in 2-3 pieces each
- fresh sage and thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 450. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Place the vegetable and chicken in a large baking pan.
- In a measuring cup of a small bowl combine the olive oil, maple syrup, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Toss to cover and arrange everything in one single layer.
- Place into the oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the vegetables are golden brown, about 30-40 minutes
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with more fresh herbs and serve immediately.
If you enjoyed this one pan roasted chicken and vegetables, you may also like
oven baked glazed chicken drumsticks
slow baked red wine chicken with fingerling potatoes
brown rice and chicken skillet