You won’t get enough of these soft and chewy loaded chocolate chip cookies packed with chopped pecans and coconut flakes! Totally irresistible!!!
It’s the time of the year comfort casseroles are pulled out of the oven just in time for dinner time. It’s that time of the year the slow cooker is brought back to life after a long summer break.
Unfortunately, in the meantime, it’s the time of the year when cough and fever make their weekly appearance. For the last couple of weeks, we’ve been struggling with a nasty cough. My baby girl had it first, my husband followed and now it’s my turn. We’ve been on a chicken noodle soup for a while now. It’s comfort food when your body is aching.
Another comfort food when you’re feeling under the weather? Chocolate chip cookies! With our without the milk, they always put a smile on everyone’s face! Am I right or am I right?
I love chocolate all.the.things, there’s no surprise there, but I also love soft and chewy cookies. If they are packed with chocolate chips that’s even better! Double win!!
There are a lot of chocolate combos that make me week to my knees, but coconut and chocolate combo is definitely in top 5 and these cookies are packed with my favorite things – chopped pecans, coconut flakes and, of course, chocolate chips. Pecans, coconut, and chocolate remind me of one of my favorite dessert – german chocolate cake.
If you love german chocolate cake as much as I do, you’ll love these cookies!
The process is very simple!
You start by beating the butter with brown sugar, mix in the eggs and stir in the dry ingredients in. Fold the pecans, coconut and chocolate chips and your dough is done. Or so you think!
You really need to let the dough chill! This will allow the cookies to hold their shape while in the oven and don’t spread resulting into a cookie as big as your baking sheet. (I guess you could say later you ate only one cookie – so there’s an advantage to that!)
Craving more? Sign up for a trEATs affair email newsletter and get all the recipes sent right to your inbox!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss an update!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin’
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1 /2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In the mixing bowl of your mixer, add the butter and sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and the two egg yolks.
- Gradually stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Turn the mixer off and with a spatula fold in the chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans.
- With a large ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the unbaked cookies for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- Bake the cookies for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10-15 minutes of the baking sheet before placing the cookies on a wire rack to cool completely
If you enjoyed these loaded chocolate chip cookies, you may also like
Loaded chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
The best chocolate chip cookies
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Laura (Tutti Dolci) says
Rachel @ Bakerita says