An easy and simple recipe that combines sweet coconut and dark chocolate, these chocolate coconut truffles taste like a piece of heaven!
I’m a choco-coconut-aholic. Yes, that is totally a word!
I love chocolate in all forms but what I love more than just chocolate is chocolate and coconut together! Chocolate coconut has been my go-to combo for as long as I can remember, although I love pairing chocolate with other ingredients as well.
In all honesty, if you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you know that anything that involves copious amounts of chocolate and sugar is fine with me. Today we’re adding a very generous amount of coconut and just two more ingredients for good measure. YUM!
To make these chocolate coconut truffles you need only a few ingredients. Obviously, you need coconut and sugar for the truffles, but you also need condensed milk and either vanilla or coconut extract. I opted for coconut extract so my truffles are bursting with coconut flavor.
In a mixing bowl, you combine all these ingredients and scoop coconut balls on a baking sheet. It’s very important to freeze the coconut truffles before dipping them in chocolate, otherwise, the will fall apart.
For the dipping chocolate, you need unsweetened chocolate and International Delight Almond Joy Coffee Creamer. It’s very important to use unsweetened chocolate to balance all the sweetness for the rest of the ingredients.
Refrigerate the truffles until the chocolate is set.
Store the truffles in the fridge, but keep in mind they are best served at room temperature (although I did not mind biting into a frozen chocolate coconut truffle to cool down!)
KEEP UP WITH INTERNATIONAL DELIGHT UPDATES BY SIGNING UP FOR THEIR NEWSLETTER, FOLLOW ALONG ON
Yields 25-30 truffles
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup International Delight Almond Joy Coffee Creamer
- (toasted) coconut flakes for scattering on top of the truffles - optional
- Line a cookie baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the shredded coconut, condensed milk, sugar and extract. Stir to combine.
- With a small ice-cream scoop, drop coconut balls onto the prepared cookie sheet and roll into uniform balls.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- In a heatproof bowl add the chocolate and coffee creamer.
- Place the bowl on top of a pot with simmering water (make sure the bowl does not touch the water) and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- One at a time, dip the coconut balls into the chocolate, tap off the excess and place the chocolate covered truffles onto a wire rack on on a clean cookie sheet lines with wax paper.
- Scatter toasted coconut or sprinkles on top of the truffles, if desired.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Tricia @ Saving Room for Dessert says