Hazelnut chocolate chip oatmeal cookies – Thick chewy oatmeal cookies with crispy edges packed with rolled oats, chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips and topped with chocolate ganache. A classic lunch box treat make-over.
Few weeks ago I had to bake, for a church event, desserts for around 100 people. For two days I baked, washed the dishes, baked, washed the dishes and baked some more. By the end of the second day I was exhausted. I was glad this type of church events only happens once or twice a year. I honestly don’t have the energy to bake that much more often. That and all the questions I get after: Do you have a bakery? How can we order something? Some people don’t understand that I only bake for the church when they have big events, other than that hello close friends and neighbors. I’ve brought you some more cookies.
Being busy for two days I didn’t have much time left to play with Tiffany. She helped me with the baking for a little bit, colored, read and watched some TV. Although she seemed like having fun, I somehow felt guilty for not finding a little time to play with her.
When all my baking was done, I asked her to pick a couple of activities she’s like us to do together. After, let’s read five books, which always comes first if I let her choose, she wanted to make some cookies. Chocolate cookies, of course.
Orders must be obeyed. Cookies with chocolate were on the baking list. I remembered seeing a recipe for oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips in a cookbook and have put a sticky note to it but haven’t gotten around to make it, until now. It was the perfect time to try it. With a twist, of course.
I added more hazelnuts some hazelnut coffee creamer for a more flavorful nutty flavor and also added some Hazelnut creamer to the chocolate chips when making the ganache.
The cookies turned out soft and chewy with just a little crispy edges. The addition of hazelnuts and chocolate made me think of Nutella spread on a soft oatmeal cookie. You can’t go wrong with that!
Yields almost 2 dozens
Thick chewy oatmeal cookies with crispy edges packed with rolled oats, chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips and topped with chocolate ganache. A classic lunch box treat make-over
15 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) room temperature butter
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp International Delight Hazelnut coffee creamer
- 1 cup (120 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup International Delight Hazelnut coffee creamer
- Chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and coffee creamer and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, oats and hazelnuts and stir to combine.
- With a spatula fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie dough scoop, place spoonfuls of cookie dough on baking sheets and put them in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 350F.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, leave for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before cooling them completely on wire racks.
- To make the chocolate ganache, place the chocolate chips and hazelnut creamer in a heatproof bowl and microwave until melted, stirring to combine.
- With a teaspoon, frost the cookies with a little bit of the ganache and sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts on top.
- Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!
recipe adapted from Chocolate - A collection of over 100 recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe you might also like
Chocolate chips breakfast cookies
Biscoff oatmeal cookies from Two Peas and their Pod
Dark chocolate oatmeal cookie cupcakes from Recipe Girl
Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies from Averie Cooks
Oatmeal cinnamon butterscotch cookies from A Spicy Perspective
Chocolate chocolate chip oatmeal cookies from Something Swanky
Sending love your way,
Meagan @ A Zesty Bite says
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet says
Laura (Tutti Dolci) says
Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen says
Averie @ Averie Cooks says
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts says
Nancy @ gottagetbaked says
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says
Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking says
Dalila G. says
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says
Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic says
Jasey McBurnett says
Cathy Perez says